Director Q-Agile Limited | Agile Test Automation Consultant at Visa Europe|Agile Testing and Tools Trainer
- Chelmsford, United Kingdom
- Information Technology and Services
An Agile enthusiast with over ten years of experience working with agile and iterative development. Proven technical expertise in developing highly effective automation framework with Java and related technologies.
Rich experience of working on multiple greenfield projects and delivering highly effective test strategies.
I firmly believe innovation has its space in the industry, and I continuously like to challenge myself with new technologies and tools.
* Senior Agile Test Automation Consultant
* Bespoke Test automation using Java
* Consultancy experience of Agile coaching and consulting
* Agile Test Automation Specialist
* TDD and BDD using Jbehave, Cucumber JVM
* Waterfall to Agile Transition experience
* Extensive experience of building scalable Test frameworks.
* Strong Web automation experience using Selenium/Webdriver.
* Build and Infrastructure experience - Jenkins, Maven, Saucelabs
* Coding skills in Java, Ruby, C# and whatever important for project
* Investment Banking experience in Fixed Income, and Collateral management
* Project Management
* Scrum Master
* Test Management
* Agile Coach
Specialties: Agile Testing, Agile tools and Practices, Selenium RC , Java, Ruby, TDD, BDD, Acceptance Testing, Webdriver, investment banking, Fixed income, Structured Product, Automation Framework, Junit, TestNG, QTP 9.2, Twist, Ruby, Watir, TestUnit, Cucumber, Fitnesse, Fit, Jmeter, Open source testing tools, Selenium Grid, Jbehave, Certified Scrum Master,Jmeter, Drools, Collateral Management, GWT Automation,Git,Github, Coded UI, TFS Scrum 3.0 , Microsoft Test Manager, Cucumber JVM
Agile Test Consultant and Coach
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; UBS; Financial Services industry
July 2012 – October 2012 (4 months) London, United Kingdom
- Agile coaching
- Waterfal to Agile transition
- Test Automation Strategy on MIcrosoft Platform
- TFS ALM Implementation - Agile 3.0
- Coded UI
- MS Test Manager
Agile QA Manager
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; JPM; Financial Services industry
October 2011 – March 2012 (6 months) London, United Kingdom
- Clearance and Collateral management
- Responsible for Agile test team for the clearanace and collateral management.
- Distributed Agile
- Automation Testing - Java, BDD, Jbehave, Selenium, Hudson, Jmeter
Agile Test Consultant and Test Lead
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; HBC; Financial Services industry
April 2010 – September 2011 (1 year 6 months) London, United Kingdom
Worked on a greenfield front office platform for the bank to enable them to offer diverse products based on Fixed Income and Options Derivatives
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to enable frequent releases.
- Working closely with developers to enable Behaviour Driven Development using Jbehave.
- Web testing using Jbehave and Selenium/Webdriver
Agile Test Consultant
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; BSY; Broadcast Media industry
January 2010 – April 2010 (4 months)
- Setting up the Agile process for a newly setup team
- Setting up the automated test environment to run automated tests on different browsers and operating system
- OpenCms testing
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
October 2008 – January 2010 (1 year 4 months)
I am working on Agile methodologies on projects to make sure QA is built in to the process from very early.
Apart from assuring application is tested from very early, I need to make sure application is covered against automated test cases.
I worked on BDD to automate the Web application of the client. The tool sets I used were Twist and Webdriver
- Worked with Balclays wealth management on one of the projects
The Royal bank of Scotland Group
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; RBS; Banking industry
May 2007 – October 2008 (1 year 6 months)
I worked as a QA lead, primarily responsible for providing technical direction to the team in order to achieve automation excellence in QTP 9.2 I was also responsible for Test management activities for Bank's CRM system.
Also built QA teams from scratch, involved interviews, budgeting and mentored new QAs.
I worked on creating different automation frameworks for the Bank.
My latest framework was an Excel based automation framework, which would allow a QTP naive person to write scripts in spreadsheet. It would also allow, test management and reporting using the spreadsheet.
Certified Scrum Master
- Scrum Alliance
- License 000096715
- July 2010 to July 2011
Skills & Expertise
- Agile Testing
- Agile Test Strategy
- Test Management
- Test Automation
- Team Building
- Test Team Building
- Java Test Automation
- ThoughtWorks Twist
- Fixed Income
- Front Office
- Investment Banking
- Test Automation Framework
- Acceptance Testing
- Agile Methodologies
- Test Driven Development
- Test Strategy
- Test Planning
- Manual Testing
- Quality Assurance
Authors: Pankaj Nakhat
- November 5, 2009
My article was published in November 2009 issue of Macrotesting.
Symbiosis International University
MBA(IT), IT, SPM
2002 – 2004
1994 – 1996