- Working closely with BA on upcoming stories
- Where ever possible produce acceptance criteria / test of the stories to be done in coming sprint
- Understanding review of the stories
- Challenging the ambiguous requirements
- Challenging big stories
In the sprint
- Work with development team on implantation of the acceptance tests of the stories.
- Pair with developers if it helps the team to get stories moving quickly and reducing the feedback time
- Discuss different levels of testing to be done for the stories . Don’t think you don’t have any responsibilities towards unit and integration tests.
- Have an understating of implementation of the tests being written and challenge a implementation wherever you think the code will not be exercised in the right way.
- Make sure the feedback is fast and delivered stories are tested on proper environments and meets the Done criteria.
- Make sure you builds are green and tests are passing all the time
- Work with business / BA on the delivered stories to sign off it.
- Document and communicate the bugs according to your team process.
- Implement more comprehensive automated tests if needed.
- Make sure Non functional requirements are met
- Work with business/ BAs on the demo of the story, as I think QAs develop deep understanding of the requirements.
- More exploratory testing.
- Look at performance/load/stress criteria of your application every now and then.
- Close the fixed bugs and make sure proper regression tests are added.
This list is not a comprehensive tasks lists and it is meant only for guideline purposes.